These are often called waxing contraindications when it could be harmful to you to use this hair removal method.
- You currently take Accutane or have stopped taking it less than a year ago.
- You’re taking any prescription acne medication.
- You have lupus or AIDS.
- You’re in cancer therapy getting chemotherapy or radiation.
- CAUTION: when you’re on blood thinners, RETIN-A and antibiotics
Things you can do to prepare for waxing:
- Let it grow…but not too long
- Exfoliating before waxing keeps the dead skin cells at bay, and it allows hairs to break through the surface
- Moisturize days leading up to the waxing and also after
- Take an Advil or Aleve 45min before appointment
- Try to use a daily serum for ingrown hairs, and always exfoliate to keep your skin soft and smooth in between waxes